l blah l theGirl l rants l oldStuff l linkies l

Welcome to my blog.
If you have this url, you're prolly one of the chosen ones.

By reading my blog, you agree to:
Have fun reading it.
Comment only if you must.
Bear with my randomness.
Not be judgemental. Not towards me at least.


Monday, July 21, 2008 • 2:30 PM
• how was court?
OMG. The court. Ok, it was A disaster.
This was for my traffic ticket from June last year. It was for something silly, I was driving on a bus lane somewhere in West LA. Fine was $350. First court appearance was scheduled back in August, but my coworker had it continued twice, hence today's trial. The plan was so that when it was set for trial and the officer didn't show up, the case would be dismissed. But the second time the court was scheduled, Larry (my boss) didn't show up, so there was a Failure to Appear which could have resulted my driver's license being suspended. The fine went up to $740 on paper.

Larry then took care of it, and had the suspension recalled. Phew. And on that day, he set a date for trial (Today). Larry was originally going to appear for me. But he has to go to jail to bail out our new 250K client, so he told me to go there myself. Of course.. 250K over me. I understand. Haha.

Anyways, the reason I said it was a disaster was.. I had to park in a 1hr metered parking spot, and I had to keep going back and forth (4 times total) to put money in, meaning, I have to go back in to the courthouse going through the metal detector and shit. And the guy in front of me couldn't stop talking. He was blabbing to almost everyone in line. O yea.. it was fun.

4 hours-1 coffee cup-1 tiny bag of Wheat Crackers later, my case was dismissed, but I still have to pay a fine for Failure to Appear which is $233!!!! Larry said he'll fight for me to get a lower amount or none at all, but who knows. I got 90 days to pay the fine. Ugh.