l blah l theGirl l rants l oldStuff l linkies l

Welcome to my blog.
If you have this url, you're prolly one of the chosen ones.

By reading my blog, you agree to:
Have fun reading it.
Comment only if you must.
Bear with my randomness.
Not be judgemental. Not towards me at least.


Thursday, July 17, 2008 • 8:31 PM
• Insecurity
That's the first thing that came to mind when a dear friend of mine told me she wanted to check out this karaoke bar in Little Tokyo, that is hiring for hostess position. "It's NOT just some crappy karaoke bar, it's located inside of the Westin Hotel and only RICH Japs could afford going in to this place", she continued, "This could be a great potential for a part time job, ya know?".

*I have a mini-golf face, btw, and not a poker face, which means whatever I feel, shows in my dear face* I think she could tell I was BOTHERED and shocked by this. God knows what I really wanted to say was:

"No, you know what, I don't know. I don't know that being a hostess at a karaoke bar is considered a potential at all. Let alone, GREAT? Are you serious? What's so great about sitting in a couch, drinking with bunch of drunk assholes? Listen, you're a SMART girl. You could do so much with the skill and knowledge you have right now to find the real great part time job. Why be a hostess? And at a karaoke bar? Do you realize what you're referring here? These guys, the RICH people -who of course are mostly assholes-, are gonna be drunk while singing karaoke and who knows what they might do to you, grab your ass the very least. Why. I don't get it, why this job? I don't get why you even consider it. Do you even know what you're getting yourself into here? Plus, do you really need a part time job? There are tons of high class restaurants opening around town that you could apply to. Waiting table will get you lotsa money too. Why sell yourself short? Why be shallow using your body and pretty face when you can use your brain? Why try so hard to come off as a promiscuous wild girl when it's just not your personality?"

But, that devil-but-rational side of me decided to not say anything more than what was necessary. I knew perfectly well it would offend her. It is not my place to judge either. So, as a friend, I did my part trying to remind her that it wasn't a good idea and that she could find a better job, and in the end, it's her choice. When she told me she still wanted to check it out, I just shrugged and left it at that.

It just.. threw me off, you know. This was definitely another side of her that I never knew exist. Is it bad that I'm sorta.. disappointed?