l blah l theGirl l rants l oldStuff l linkies l

Welcome to my blog.
If you have this url, you're prolly one of the chosen ones.

By reading my blog, you agree to:
Have fun reading it.
Comment only if you must.
Bear with my randomness.
Not be judgemental. Not towards me at least.


Tuesday, July 15, 2008 • 10:35 PM
• why? why me?
One friend called me up on Sunday, telling me she's taking a week vacation in August and might want to come down to LA to meet a guy she hooked up with once. She then asked if I could pick her up at the airport and if she could stay at my place. I said, sure why the hell not. And before she went any further, I laid it out there that she can stay at my place, but not this dude. I mean, this guy is a freakin' stranger to me. My mom taught me well to never let a stranger in to my place, let alone stay over. She laughed when I told her this, and I swear, I think she thought I was joking.

Now, I could care less of what she's planning on doing with this guy while in town, BUT! Later on in the conversation, I learned that she would hang out with this guy that same night and leave for the O.C. the next day. I went all silent and first thing came to mind was.. what-the-funk?!

What am I, her fucking cab driver?
Is anyone with me here to think that it's just plain rude?
Is it me or this girl has no boundaries?

Let's put it this way. Back in times when I had to fly out to SF to see the hockey player, never crossed in mind would I have called any of my friends who live there to pick me up at the airport only later on be left to hang out with my buck fuddy. I mean, seriously, it's just common sense. And I don't do this type of shit to any of my friends. I know I know, just cuz I don't do it doesn't mean other people wouldn't either, but still. What happen to old saying "Treat people the way you want to be treated"? Ugh. I'm SO annoyed.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying she's a bad person. I think she's just clueless which makes it even more frustrating to me. And believe me, I would pick her up if I have to, just to be a good friend. And I think I can proudly say, I'm a great friend to a few. I may not have that many friends, but the ones that I have, I would do as much as I can, even go all out of my way, and whenever I can, to help them. But when it's expected like this, it's just no longer fun.

So I question myself, why. Why me? Why involve me at all in her plan?
Anyways. Long story short. I then, having to calm myself first, said to her firmly:

"Well then, maybe you should ask him to pick you up in LAX. It should be easier, you guys can just go hang out after and go to the OC the next day. I mean, you and I can always hang out the NEXT time you come to LA"

Let's hope she GOT the idea.