l blah l theGirl l rants l oldStuff l linkies l

Welcome to my blog.
If you have this url, you're prolly one of the chosen ones.

By reading my blog, you agree to:
Have fun reading it.
Comment only if you must.
Bear with my randomness.
Not be judgemental. Not towards me at least.


Wednesday, September 24, 2008 • 2:24 PM
• devilish mean thought
Brandon has this new exciting script for a tv show project that he's been wanting to hear from Luci about. Seph wrote it and when Brandon got the first draft of it on saturday, he thought it was brilliant and he got super stoked about the project. He sent it to Luci right away (on saturday) but she hasn't gotten back to brandon and seph about it.

On monday, Brandon told me how Luci is such a critical person and he's nervous to hear what she says about it. One, because Luci is pretty much the key to the next step, she knows the people at CBS where they're gonna pitch in the idea to. Two, they're business partners, so they have to mutually agree to go on w/ this project.

I just now got a call from Brandon. He was SO upset because Luci finally told Brandon about the script and the only thing she said was "I don't like it. It's not my kind of story" He tried to ask for more details why she doesn't like it, and she said "Ya know, story is too thin. the characters aren't interesting enough. Plus I was tired last night when I read it. I've been having hard time at work. And it's been a shitty week for me"

Brandon was so upset and told me "She's not the only one who has shitty job. I do too. But I'm trying to be positive and found this script, hoping that something better will come up, and there she is with her drama and refuses to at least give it a chance. I don't mind the critics, but I feel like she puts us down without even trying. She doesn't even want to be more specifics about it"

And here's when my mean thought appeared "Yay. he doesn't like luci now" hehe I know. Silly me. It was a good feeling to have for a second.

Of course I didn't show it to Brandon that. I was being wise and said "I'm sorry babe. Maybe you should wait til tonight or weekend and asked her nicely again to re-read it. When shes in a better mood, and if she still doesn't like it, she can give you better feedback with more specific reasons. If she still doesn't like it, that doesn't mean the script is bad. Maybe because it's just not her style. So maybe you should think of pitching it in to other networks. Or ask her if she could refer you to someone."

Man, was I wise or what. Hehe. But really tho, I feel bad for Brandon. Could careless about Luci, but I'm upset for B. I think she's being a bitch putting him down like that. I know how much he values her opinion when it comes to producing and directing films and this is what she did. Ugh. Now B feels pissed off and down. Poor baby. :(