l blah l theGirl l rants l oldStuff l linkies l

Welcome to my blog.
If you have this url, you're prolly one of the chosen ones.

By reading my blog, you agree to:
Have fun reading it.
Comment only if you must.
Bear with my randomness.
Not be judgemental. Not towards me at least.


Monday, February 23, 2009 • 4:07 PM
• two subjects
I had a 1.5hrs phone conversation with my mom on friday. I don't call her as often as I wish to, but when I do, that's pretty much how long we usually talk. It's definitely long enough to talk about anything.. and as usual, she updated me with stories from back home from A to Z which i always enjoy.. until... for some reason, it always ends up with her bringing up the two subjects..

You guessed it right.
one, marriage and why I stay single living in a foreign country.
two, why I live in a foreign country to begin with

When it comes to my mom, honesty *unfortunately* isn't always the best policy. The last thing I want to do is hurt her feeling by being honest and tell her that I don't plan on doing any of the two anytime soon. So, either I'd keep my mouth shut, or I'd try to politely change the subject. yes, try. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't :o) and when it doesn't, it turns into an awkward silence til she gives up and talks about something else. haha!

Oh yes, I get why she wants me to remarry. It doesn't matter how many times I told her that I'm happy the way I am now. She doesn't budge. Sometimes I wonder if..
1. She thinks I'm lying about being happy, or
2. She's in denial that someone can be happy being single, or
3. She's set in her mind that happiness is if one is married with kid(s).

yikes. but i vote for the latter.
*sigh* i literally sighed just now.

My having been living in the US for more than 8 yrs now, she continuously thinks-hopes-and not afraid to say and ask me.. to move back home. she's very "keukeuh" about this too. ie: asked if i wanted to buy my future house in purwokerto, asked whether after finished with school i could use the degree to find a job in jakarta..

i mean, really mom? seriously?
*sigh*

my dad, on the other hand, has given up on both ideas.

when one colleague/neighbor/friend asked him about me -for their son-, he quickly said: (in purwokerto accent)
"oh, sing kuwe wis ora bisa diutak atik maning! wis ora gelem kon meng indonesia. kae bocah wis seneng neng amerika sih..."

(^-^)