l blah l theGirl l rants l oldStuff l linkies l

Welcome to my blog.
If you have this url, you're prolly one of the chosen ones.

By reading my blog, you agree to:
Have fun reading it.
Comment only if you must.
Bear with my randomness.
Not be judgemental. Not towards me at least.


Sunday, April 05, 2009 • 5:17 PM
• the one that 'got away'
Thanks to Facebook, few high schoolmates found me on there, and bringing up things we did in high school. This schoolmate I talked to the other day wasn't really my friend then, he was a good friend of my first 'real' ex-boyfriend. Mas Eko :)

Before you teased me, let me just tell you one thing.. this ex-bf of mine had passed away when I was still in college. He died of a motorcycle accident at age 20. When I heard of this news, I wanted to fly back to see him for the last time or at least to go to his funeral, but I was only 19, in college, living under my parents' roof. I could barely afford my own lunch, let alone fly to another island for a funeral.

Just recently I told my friend about him on our much-missed daily chat and now this stranger started conversation by mentioning my late ex-bf's name. I feel like I talked about him more nowadays, and it feels.. funny.

Ya know how sometimes you sorta keep things in your mind quietly hidden because you know it would hurt ya just talking about it so you'd rather keep it safe inside? Well.. there he is for me. He is one guy I would never forget as much as I claim to have forgotten lotsa things. Poor guy never knew how much I loved him and how many times I wanted to apologize to have had broken his heart. I hope he had forgiven me before he passed.

If there's such thing in MY life, he's the one that 'got away' hehe.. and of course, I kept his old photo. I used to keep it in my wallet for the longest time, I'd say about 5-6 years after we broke up. Petty and pathetic. Haha. I guess in a way it was my way to get over the guilt. And no, I won't make an effort to scan and post it here. He's gone for a reason :)

It's insane to find out how much I forgot about things.. cuz this guy also told me.. the two of them used to think I looked like Yurike Prastika. I was like.. who the f is Yurike. Then things started coming back. She was the sexiest actress back in the early 90s.. HAHA!


Yea.. rite.