l blah l theGirl l rants l oldStuff l linkies l

Welcome to my blog.
If you have this url, you're prolly one of the chosen ones.

By reading my blog, you agree to:
Have fun reading it.
Comment only if you must.
Bear with my randomness.
Not be judgemental. Not towards me at least.


Monday, October 26, 2009 • 9:51 PM
• I miss home.
I miss my mom..
IMG_6116
I miss her soft voice, waking me up at the crack of dawn, telling me to get up and pray. I miss the smell and the taste of her delish cooking that oh-how-I-wish I could have just half of her skill. I miss listening to her reading Quran verses after Maghrib. I miss the sound of her rushing little steps around the house. Heck, I even miss her scolding me for not praying on time or napping too much.. :)

I miss my dad..
IMG_6108
I miss his comforting smiles. I miss seeing him sitting on the rocking chair in front of tv, holding the remote, constantly changing channels. I miss talking to him out in the patio, answering his many questions about my LA life. I miss seeing him watering the plants in the morning. Oh, and I miss laughing at how he LOVES to eat whatever's on the dining table.. :p

I miss my nephew, Adrian..
DSC_0577
I miss his naughty face, and his cute mouth that pouts every time he doesn't get what he wants. I miss asking him questions just so he could tell me stories in his adorable little voice. I miss watching him playing games on the computer. I miss his manipulative smirks because you know it means trouble. I even miss his loud cry, his bad teeth, and his constant nag asking for (more) milk ^-^

I miss my sisters, sis-bro in law and my brother..
I miss the laughs we share, talking back and forth teasing each other endlessly only to laugh some more. I miss sharing the bed on the floor to sleep in at nights because we give the beds to mom and dad. I miss looking at my oh-so-full-of-food fridge that mbak Evi has. I miss seeing her constantly cleaning her house, yapping about the mess we all make. I miss the rare and small talks I have with mas Bagus while he's outside smoking. I miss looking at how quiet my brother in law is, all he does most of the time is just smiling to see how loud we all can be when we talk and joke. I miss seeing the dynamic conversation Meti has with her son, they sure don't talk to each other like mother and son but more like friends, very cute. I miss going out with Lupi, or staying in her room with the AC on that smells like a bar because of the amount of smoked cigarettes, talking to her all night just about ANYTHING and before we know it, it's already 6am.. *-*

And of course, I miss the food! I miss eating sego kucing (or any street vendor's food for that matter) in Malioboro-Yogya, in Menteng-Jakarta, in Dago-Bandung, or in Alun2-Purwokerto. I miss the fruit, the tropical mango, rambutan, or sawo, that I could only get them in cans here. I miss though not everything, cuz I don't miss the heat, the humidity that gives me headache even migraines, and oh, the traffic I surely do not miss, but I really miss hearing people speak Bahasa all around. I miss the taste, the smell and the sound of Indonesia.

While I'm grateful and loving my life here.. sometimes, I just miss.. home.

13