l blah l theGirl l rants l oldStuff l linkies l

Welcome to my blog.
If you have this url, you're prolly one of the chosen ones.

By reading my blog, you agree to:
Have fun reading it.
Comment only if you must.
Bear with my randomness.
Not be judgemental. Not towards me at least.


Wednesday, September 19, 2012 • 10:56 AM
• I turned 38 last Friday..
You know what's funny? I woke up that day, looked at myself in the mirror, and saw 3 strands of grey hair. Yah, nice indeed. I plucked them all out. Well, happy birthday to me :)

Lulu treated me to lunch at a Brazilian restaurant in Beverly Hills called Fogo de Chão (fo-go dèe shoun) that day. Very sweet of her. Then Susy asked me to come down to Encinitas so she can treat me to dinner this past weekend. So I did. We went to dinner at Roppongi, a Japanese restaurant in La Jolla, along with 4 other girls. Stopped at a nearby club afterwards. Pia, Jon's sister joined us, which I thought was cool.

 


All in all it was a great birthday weekend. Different than what I originally planned, really.

I planned to not do anything. It just feels a bit different this year. Looking back the past 6 years (since my divorce), I always celebrate my birthday all month long, Every weekend of September, I would be going out, drinking, partying, having fun with my friends. And I would invite my friends and cook yellow rice for them..

But not this year.

This year, all I wanted is to just stay home. I honestly just wanted to be alone. No idea why, but I just did. So, exactly on my birthday night that Friday, I lounged around, cooked myself some dinner, had ONE glass of an orange-whipped-cream vodka drink, watched movies and went to bed early for I had to wake up early to drive south.

Whether or not I want to party every weekend like I used to, I see that I may have some celebrations to come. I'm grateful and feel blessed to have so many lovely friends around, for sure! May this year be as awesome as I wanted it to be! ;)