l blah l theGirl l rants l oldStuff l linkies l

Welcome to my blog.
If you have this url, you're prolly one of the chosen ones.

By reading my blog, you agree to:
Have fun reading it.
Comment only if you must.
Bear with my randomness.
Not be judgemental. Not towards me at least.


Friday, September 20, 2013 • 7:48 AM
• Late birthday post
In an attempt to continue my own tradition of cooking yellow rice for my birthday, I sure did put a lot of work doing just that. Unlike in LA, with more friends and booze, this one is more of family get together. Different, but just as celebrating and fun. I got morning kisses from Xave and Keean, and two bouquets of flowers from them. And another bouquet of red roses from Allen.

Irish granted my wish and baked me a german chocolate cake, and when Xave asked how many candles to put on the cake, I laughed and said too many. We settled with 24. Not by choice. That's just how many candles in one package that we have in the house. Haha. I cannot imagine to put 39 candles in one cake and blow them all. Yah, right.

Come 7pm, Allen and I left the house to spend the birthday weekend in DC. He booked a hotel suite for us to stay for the next couple days. He even took a day off on Monday just because he planned for us to see a comedy show late Sunday night. He spoiled me rotten, took me to bar-hopping Saturday night, I got so drunk that night I threw up (ugh). Allen bought me aspirins the next day and cared my drunk ass all Sunday morning. He then drove me around DC while showing me all the places he grew up on, his high school, his college, all the bars and restaurants he once worked as either a valet parking guy or a bouncer. Haha. We also tried all the food places we wanted to try. We took a walk around the block after an early dinner, looking at the houses in Woodley Park area, holding hands and stopped to kiss each other in between. That... was cute.

The comedy show was a lot of fun too. Allen was very affectionate, so we got roasted a little during the show, but we took it like champions. Hehe. After the show, we had a super late dinner at a kebab place, and ended up busy looking for parking nearby the hotel just to avoid getting up early in the morning to move it to avoid getting a ticket. That was rather fun too. Monday we woke up late, had a late brunch, and drove home with a full stomach. He stayed with me til 1am Tuesday before he headed home. I missed him soon after he left.

All in all, he treated me like a princess this past weekend and made sure I could do no wrong. Oh how I wish every day is like that. Hey, a girl can wish, right?  :o)

I then spent the rest of the week working off all the weight I put on doing hot yoga twice a week. 
Oh joy!