l blah l theGirl l rants l oldStuff l linkies l

Welcome to my blog.
If you have this url, you're prolly one of the chosen ones.

By reading my blog, you agree to:
Have fun reading it.
Comment only if you must.
Bear with my randomness.
Not be judgemental. Not towards me at least.


Tuesday, October 15, 2013 • 9:05 PM
• yet another failed Ied celebration, but.
Only a day before Ied, did I find out about Ied al-Adha and the mosque in Falls Church that has a 11:30am Ied prayer (thanks to Allen for such important info!).. so I was excited and all. I also made plans to visit a new friend in Kensington to celebrate Ied together. I woke up early, took a shower, even prepared my Abaya to wear after I'm done with the mechanic.

Yah, there was this annoying noise that came on as soon as I start the engine and I was scheduled to take my car to the mechanic this am. I thought I could have it done before heading out to Falls Church.. but nope. I tell ya, we can plan all we want.. but in no way we have any control over anything.

Long story short, the car won't be ready til 4pm. They loaned me a car, but it's such an old ass car that is not even safe to drive locally, let alone going all the way to Maryland. So, there I was, pouting, driving back to the house. I was bummed. I realize how much I miss dhikr or just a simple Muslim gathering. At times like this, I do miss LA and its accessible information on events like today.

Allen came to my rescue. He offered to pick me up, have dinner, and just hang out. I felt bad for having him drive all the way out here, so I suggested that we meet up as soon as I get my car back. One dinner -no alcohol, as we both promised to only drink on weeekends-, an hour walking hand in hand at the mall, an hour talking in the car, a lot of kisses in between, and a Don Jon movie later, I feel so much better.

For once, I found someone who makes me feel the way I want to feel.