l blah l theGirl l rants l oldStuff l linkies l

Welcome to my blog.
If you have this url, you're prolly one of the chosen ones.

By reading my blog, you agree to:
Have fun reading it.
Comment only if you must.
Bear with my randomness.
Not be judgemental. Not towards me at least.


Wednesday, May 28, 2014 • 11:41 AM
• Making memories: Los Angeles trip
I had a blast. I couldn't thank Allen enough for 'sponsoring' the trip, despite the fact that his original idea was to go to the Caribbean, and of course mbak Endah for letting me stay at her guest house AND not only did she let me invite my friends to her house.. she's also cooking for the party! Kartini was cute too. She made my favorite cooking of hers: Oseng Tempe Pedes! At the party, we ate it like there's tomorrow (while everyone else was enjoying salad, steak, and pasta). Turned out, she freed up Memorial Day weekend to hang out with me. I got to see her on all 3 days and she made sure she did her yoga during the time I was doing something else.

Then there's Bu Soraya who took the bus across town to come see me before I left and gave me two shawls from her previous Hajj in Mecca. Mbak Gari, who's busy prepping for Syeikh's visit tomorrow, made the time to cook dinner for me and Allen. She even packed me pepes ikan to bring back! She's a dearest!

I am blessed. That's for sure.

Allen had just as much fun. I showed him around, took his pictures, drove across town only to get tacos (but it's THE BEST tacos), offered to stop in Hollywood Blvd. so he can take pics with the stars on Walk of Fame -which he declined because it's dirty-, and.. forced him to sit there listening to me speaking Bahasa and Javanese with most of my friends. He got to see his old college friend and reconnected too.

One thing I realize.. as much as I love my friends -who are like family to me- and how much I miss the food there, I don't miss living in LA though. Just like going to Indonesia... I would love to go back and visit... but to live there again? No-thank-you-very-much. I know I have made the right decision to move away from it. Great city, great food, awesome friends, but my time there was over. Time to make more memories here.. :)