l blah l theGirl l rants l oldStuff l linkies l

Welcome to my blog.
If you have this url, you're prolly one of the chosen ones.

By reading my blog, you agree to:
Have fun reading it.
Comment only if you must.
Bear with my randomness.
Not be judgemental. Not towards me at least.


Monday, August 07, 2017 • 4:00 PM
• bad book be gone!
I started reading this book last week with a nice cover and promising summary at a glance. Then I opened the first chapter. Interesting story with a fun twist at the end of the page, I must say.

The twist got me all curious though. So I thought.. maybe.. If I asked someone who's read it, I would learn if it's a good or bad book. I could potentially predict the ending too. That way, I could save myself from investing much time and effort on it.

Negative. She said it's not worth reading on. She laid it out the whats and whys.

I paused for a minute, giving the book some benefit of the doubt. Look, she may just not like the same type of books that I read. But, she is someone I trust and value her opinions on. She's not only thoughtful and fair, but is proven to be someone who looks after me.

She's my best friend after all. :)

The book was calling my name, as if pledging and trying to convince me to give it a chance. But.. I am not ready to commit to it or any book for that matter, let alone force myself to stick to a bad one. Time is precious. Before I am attached to its characters, I would rather skip through some pages, read it quick all the way to end if needed and put it down if it's not worth reading.

It turns out, I am not good at reading after all. Book or people or whatever :)